Tuesday, December 22, 2009



Tuesday, December 22nd. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

An evangelist, wanting to comfort someone who had just accepted the Lord, said to him, “You see how even a publican was accepted when he cried for mercy.”

“Ah,” said the man, “but I have been a greater sinner than a publican: I have been a Pharisee!”


This man has apparently got the whole message from Jesus as found in Luke 18:10-13 with these words:
“Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

May we also see ourselves as we are and let the cleansing of God wash us pure again.

"God, Thank You for the love, mercy and grace that allows us into Your presence. Help me to see my sin as as grievous to you as it is and not to focus on the shortcomings of others.
Amen."


Worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page