Thursday, October 22, 2009



Thursday, October 22nd. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Now is the watchword of the wise.”
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834–1892)

We become more and more aware that yesterday is gone and can never be reclaimed.

Tomorrow is never promised to us; therefore, we must live in the here and now. Today we must live at our peak and give of ourselves to be remembered tomorrow.

The writer of Joshua challenges the hearers and the readers with these words:
“Choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
(Joshua 24:15)

Though this declaration was meant for the time Joshua gave it, I think the message is also a great daily challenge. In light of Joshua's challenge, I've made my choice.

Whom do you choose today?

"God, I choose You today as I am blessed that You chose me long ago.
Amen."


Give God all glory and praise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page