Friday, October 30, 2009



The Chaplain's Corner




Chaplain Paul is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.
Hey, this is the Chaplain again. This Sunday is the end of daylight savings time. For the next few months it’s going to get dark early. And I hope you remember to set your clock back one hour, or you’ll be early for church – that sure would surprise the pastor.

As I thought about the time change I was reminded of an important principle in scripture; we need to be working for the Lord while there is still time. In John 9:4 Jesus said,
“As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.”
Listen folks, we don’t have forever to get the job done.

Too many of us are better at procrastinating than we are at producing when it comes to spiritual things.

You know what helps me to get things done – put it on paper, make a list. You might want to try that. Make a list of the things you need to get done, and then put in order of priority – the most important things first. If you did that, would there be an item on your list such as, ‘talk to Larry about Jesus’ or ‘remind Mary that God loves her’? And how close to the top of the list would those things be?

I can remember my dad saying, ‘hurry up, we’re running out of daylight.’ Folks, we’re running out of daylight when it comes to telling people the Good News of God’s love. The night is coming when no one can work and it will be eternally too late.

Thanks Chaplain Paul!

Dear Father, may I put feet to faith... lest the night find me wanting.


xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page