Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's just a little ironic to me that I would receive an e-mail from a wonderful young lady serving our Lord in India and her "Tea Party" account... esp. after my previous video post about one tea party here in America.

I've known this young lady... all her life you might say.


Today I had somewhat of an epiphany... It really reminded me of why I am here. So, today we were having problems with the internet. This is nothing new... our internet is off almost as often as it is on! But it is frustrating.

Weekly we have to call the guys to come fix it. Sometimes it takes hours or even a few days before it starts working. Honestly, I am not very patient with them. It is hard for me to believe that this company sends guys who don't know anything about computers to try to fix the internet. But, most of them don't have the means to own a computer.

So today, i sat there, annoyed that it took them two hours to come to my house... This time they sent a young guy, and the same two older guy that always come. When they finally fixed it, I was not even that thankful, i sort of figured it is their job, and I "deserve" to have internet working all the time.

Then their boss called to make sure everything was ok, and he told me that there is a strike going on, and these guys had come on the day they did not have to work just to fix our internet. I could not believe that these guys had come even when they did not have to... So i sat around the table for a few more minutes, and one of the older guys joked that they wanted to try the black coffee they had seen me drinking before.

I asked if they wanted me to make some, and after doing the cultural saying "No" twice, on third time i asked his face lit up and he said, "YES!" These guys had never seen a coffee pot, and Indian "coffee" is instant, with lots of milk and sugar, so i warned them that this was not the same. They still wanted to try it.

As the coffee aroma filled the air, i started laughing in my head about how much I was loving serving these people, even in the little things like making coffee. I made them drink it first the BEST way, with no sugar and no cream, and they all three made funny faces! I loved it! then i offered them some sugar and creamer and they liked that much more!

I laughed because it made me think of all the times that people have made me eat weird foods and drink really strange concoctions in their homes. I try to not have the "wow, this tastes BAD" look on my face, but sometimes it slips out! Then I gave these guys some banana bread, and they could not believe that I could cook. Most Indians don't have an oven, so they only get breads and cakes from bakeries.

I shared with these guys about J'sus and how I only pr to him and he is faithful to provide what I need and he forgives me when i do wrong. They did not really understand, they are still blinded by Hindu'ism, but I at least planted a seed in their hearts.

We hung out for a while laughing and drinking some amazing hazelnut blend, and then one of the older guys went to call someone on the phone. I thought it was work related, but as I heard what he said, i realized it must be a buddy or his wife or something. He was telling her about the American Coffee and banana cake that he had just had! he was so proud that he had tried the American snacks.... and he said that he really liked these girls at this house.

When i heard him say that, i almost cried. I have been so mean to these guys over the past months, just because i am so annoyed at the internet and how it does not work. Every time they have come, i criticized their company and the poor quality of internet. Yet, with one act of Jes'us love, He did not see the girl with a temper that gets upset about something that seems so unimportant to an older Indian man.... but they saw Jes'us, serving coffee and a little cake.

I don't write this to make myself look like I did something amazing with my little "tea party", because i didn't... i just did what i was called here to do... serve the lord with a smile, not demanding my own interests, but looking to the needs of others.

I spent the rest of the day with a little bit of a giggle thinking about the funny old men's face when they drank the coffee the way i do!

Thanks for continuing to lift us up... we really need your pr-yers these last months. There is so much to do and so little time. Thanks for being involved with our project through pr-yer. You are appreciated more than you know! more to come when we reach the next milestone in our project....

sarah


Thanks Sarah!

XtnYoda, shalomed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page