Sunday, May 17, 2009



Sunday, May 17th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Baylor University is a thriving institution in Beaumont, Texas. The Christian who gave the money for building that school later lost all his property. Men of the world asked him, “Don’t you wish you had the money back that you put into that school?”

He replied, “Not at all. It is all that I have saved. If I had kept that money, I would have lost it, too. I am thankful that I gave that building when I did.”

The world may judge us by what we do with the property God has placed in our keeping. Nevertheless, we should only be concerned with God’s estimation of our stewardship of His gifts.

What about the use of our voices? We talk about stewardship in terms of money and sometimes time. What about the use of our faculties? Are we good stewards with our thoughts and with the use of our voices? A day may come when we can no longer praise God out loud; at that time, we will have lost the voice God gave us to lift up His name in praise. We must remember the Psalmist's words:
“But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.” (Psalm 115:18)

God, as long as You give me voice, I will praise and honor You. Keep my mind uncluttered from such things as worrying about what is or is not being done by my neighbor and keep me focused on the tasks You have given to me. Amen!

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page