Friday, May 15, 2009

THIS IS SEGMENT #6 IN THE DRAMA BEING PLAYED OUT BETWEEN THE CIA AND CONGRESS ON THE TORTURE CHARGES

Newt has "showed up" with a serious assessment coming from a former House Speaker about the seriousness of Pelosi's lying to Congress and the American people.

Next we will be talking impeachment... wait and see...


abc news

Gingrich: Pelosi 'Lied,' 'Despicable,' 'Dishonest,' 'Vicious,' 'Trivial'
May 15, 2009 10:34 AM

Klein_2ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich today offered a blistering critique of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s handling of oversight on harsh interrogation tactics, in a major escalation of partisan attacks being aimed at Pelosi.

In an interview with ABC News Radio’s Marcus Wilson, Gingrich, R-Ga., said Pelosi, D-Calif., “has lied to the House” in claiming that she was never briefed by the CIA about the Bush administration’s use of waterboarding and other harsh tactics.

"I think she has lied to the House, and I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the Speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters,” Gingrich said.

He continued: "I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I've seen in my lifetime."

"She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowist of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior.".....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page