Monday, February 23, 2009

I'VE BEEN AWAY

I've been away for a few days in a revival in another part of our state. (I love revivals!) This is actually the first time I have been near a computer since we left three days ago. Sorry for the absence... and I'll be gone for two more days after this message.

I did want to make a brief comment about the Oscars, as I did get to see a little of them in the hotel room last night.

To sum up in a few words... I am totally disgusted with the whole lot of the Academy Awards.

They just seem to be more and more like a plethora of fodder in a pig sty.

Harking every imaginable disgraceful act as not simply normal, but also desirable, has just turned me a color of pale green with nausea.

To see Mr. Penn, stand there condemning the citizen's proposition in California that refused to grant marriage to "same sex" partners... as something evil... was one thing... but... to see the entire gallery of celebrities cheering approval of his diatribe against heterosexual monogamy was just the tipping point of pure disdain.

The "entertainment" industry is flexing their self conferred scepter of immoral, self-righteous, authority... and it has become too painful to endure.

To their discredit.

There was a day when Hollywood carried at least a semblance of acceptance, if not friendship, toward the nuclear family... but no more.

Would that we would see what is... for... what is.

Creation is groaning...

xtnyoda, shalomed.

1 Comments:

Blogger jhthompson said...

I watched the movie "Fireproof" this last week and it was entertaining and provided spiritual encouragement as well as new prospective on marriage.

Sean Penn's speech seemed to be the epitome of arrogance and the bodacious applause of the crowd was sickening as they glorified homosexual marriage. It's no wonder witches would only use the species "holly wood" for their wands. Hollywood continues to cast its spell and it seems the Prince of the Air has a spokesman in Sean Penn. Oops I said too much!

Miss the daily blog!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page