Thursday, January 22, 2009

OK...

Jesus Christ was an illegitimate and unwanted child...

It was thrown in his face as an adult,
"We know who our father is!"

Yet... his mother cherished him... even though she didn't understand him...

My salute to Mary for carrying and caring...

My salute to Joseph for staying...

Would that we could all find the heart of this virgin mother.

Would that we all had the opportunity of a Joseph in our lives.

Would that every conceived child had a chance...


Heavenly Father...

Why?

Why the pressure to reject your gift of life?

How can we so callously just walk in
and with a few hundred dollars...
then walk away?
You know?
Just...walk away?

What could we ever say...
that would turn a heart...
to hear the tiny heart...
beating.. .. ..

What do I pray here?

Mercy?
Rage?
Forgiveness?

Understanding?

I think I will never understand...
I am embarrassed, for I just don't understand.

I don't know what to do.
I don't know how to pray.
I don't know what to say.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jhthompson said...

My mother was pressured at age 17 in 1969 to consider abortion! Thank you Lord for giving her the clarity of mind to value my life more than an inconvenience in hers.

Thanks XtnYoda for sharing!

11:53 AM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Wow, didn't know that!

Thank you for being willing to share your story here!

God Bless!

By the way, your mother and I must be the same age...so I'm old enough to be your father?!

8:31 PM  
Blogger jhthompson said...

Guess the big 60 is right around the corner.....LOL

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page