Tuesday, May 06, 2008


New Covenant Song 10





Dear Sovereign One,
I was so arrogant,
So filled with vanity.
I really thought I could
Do as I wished,
When I wished,
How I wished.

So foolish…
I had no room for you in my life or heart.
I thought of you like some marble statue,
Cold…paralyzed…blind…unknowing…distant.

When I thought of you at all
It was just how I could…
Influence you,
Avoid you,

Use you…

I did not know how to really love…

People.

They were just objects for my…
Pride,
Position,
Power,
Passion.

I only knew how to use people.

Thank you for hearing their sorrow.
Thank you for bearing your love…
Upon my self-seeking heart.
Like the rising tide at noonday,
You have covered me,
Washed me,
And taught me…

To care.


xtnyoda shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page