Thursday, August 23, 2007


I'm grieving today. Late last night I was called out in my chaplain role.

She was sixteen. Lifeless body still stretched out on the side of the road. Car tumbled and rolled over 150 feet, on it's crushed top in the middle of the road.

The intoxicated male driver and girlfriend are alive at a local hospital, 19ish.

Bobbie, the dead 16 year old, has been on the run for eight years now...or I should say her parents have been...no one has any idea where they are, or live, or if they are even alive...for eight years now.

On the road side I try to console the heartbroken aunt and uncle who have tried to care for Bobbie...body 100 feet away, draped with a white sheet with wretched crimson blotches all too obvious in the dark night.

I don't know who to pray for but I do pray with the wonderful aunt and uncle who tried. I do pray for the parents...whoever...where-ever they are. I think this will be difficult for them when they finally find out. I pray for the drunk 19ish young man who will live with this for the rest of his life.

I did pray for Bobbie, over Bobbie...on the road side. I felt a little foolish praying over a lifeless body...so I am a fool. "oh God! I call upon your grace and mercy!"

I never knew her. She only lived some four miles from the church I serve. She died less than a mile from our steeple.

xtnyoda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page