Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Do you realize Christmas is next Sunday? This will be a busy week. And in a few days there will be the annual rush of last minute shoppers. I usually like to get things done as soon as possible; but sometimes, I procrastinate. And shopping for Christmas gifts is one of the things that I sometimes put off till the last minute.

Now in some ways it simplifies the process; there are not so many things to choose from. But it also means that I don’t always get what I was looking for. There are times that we can procrastinate and get away with it. But with some things, spiritual things – procrastination can be deadly!

In the Bible we read,
“Felix was frightened when Paul started talking to him about doing right, about self-control, and about the coming judgment. So he said to Paul, "That's enough for now. You may go. But when I have time I will send for you.”
(Acts 24:25)
Felix put off giving his life to the Lord, and as far as we know he died in his sins and went to hell. You can get away with putting off your shopping, but please, don’t do that with your salvation.
“In the Scriptures God says, ‘When the time came, I listened to you, and when you needed help, I came to save you.’ That time has come. This is the day for you to be saved.”
(2 Cor. 6:2)
It’s almost CHRISTmas – please don’t put off accepting God’s gift of salvation; let Jesus be your Savior and the Lord of your life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page