Wednesday, May 05, 2010



Wednesday, May 5th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

A girl in Sunday school had read the Beatitudes in Matthew. She was asked which of the things mentioned she would most like to have. She said, “A pure heart.” When asked why she preferred that, she said, “If my heart were pure, I believe I would have all the other virtues mentioned in this chapter.”

You know, I think she got it! With a pure heart not only would we be in step with the Beatitudes, but also we'd be followers of the Ten Commandments and of the rest of the Bible as well. From the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:8 we can read the words that inspired the little girl:
“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”
Let us join her in the quest to have that kind of relationship with God.

"God, let my heart be pure that I might see You!
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God, we love You!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page