Thursday, March 04, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I was walking through a warehouse when a sign caught my attention. It was obviously designed to minimize employee injuries. The sign said, "Bend knees for heavy lifting." As some people have learned the hard way, when you don't bend your knees for lifting heavy objects, you can get hurt, and have serious back injuries.

It's the same with all of life's heavy loads. Sometimes I have to carry some pretty heavy things as I deal with life, my own and others. Some of the needs I face and the burdens people share with me are extremely heavy. That's why God tells us what to do with the things that are weighing us down. He says,
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." (Ps. 55:22 NIV)
That’s a great promise - if you claim it. But, it’s our choice; we can try to lift our burdens alone - or we can bend our knees and use His strength.

You can choose to do it on your own – or at least try to; or, you can call on the Lord. I think that's what the hymn writer was talking about when he said, "O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear; All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page