Friday, December 04, 2009



The Chaplain's Corner




Chaplain Paul is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Those of you who have seen me know I pretty much wear the same outfit every day. Not the same clothes, but I dress essentially the same every day. I think it makes me easier to identify. Lots of men are like that; but women – that’s a different story. My wife has special Christmas clothes; and she looks very nice in them.

Putting on special clothes for Christmas reminded me of something the Bible says about Christians.
“…dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. . . . And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.”
Col. 3:12-14 (the Message)

What are you wearing for Christmas this year? Do you have a special sweater or shirt? That’s OK, but please remember, that for Christians God has picked out our wardrobe; and we should wear it every day.

Can people recognize you as a Christian by the ‘God-wardrobe’ that you wear? Are you clothed with: “compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline” and on top of everything do you “wear love”? People recognize me as the Chaplain, in part because of the clothes I wear. I try to be easy to identify.

Is it easy for folks to identify you as a Christian?

That’s something to think about, isn’t it?

May God bless and use each of us for His eternal glory.

Your fellow servant,

Chaplain Paul

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page