Wednesday, January 25, 2006




"The love of justice and the love of country plead equally the
cause of these people, and it is a moral reproach to us that they
should have pleaded it so long in vain."

-- Thomas Jefferson (letter to Edward Coles, 25 August 1814)

Helping the children in Iraq.

Dear Operation Iraqi Children

Thank you so much for organizing this worthy activity.

It was almost 60 years ago that I survived World War II after 5 bombs
landed in our garden. I received school supplies from the USA and I have
never forgotten it!

I was a 6 year old child in first grade in 1946 after World War II in
Germany. At school we received a package of pencils and also a bar of
chocolate-each of the children! It was from the US Marshall Plan and I
recall that the Quakers were somehow involved as well. I have been a US
citizen for many years and live rurally in Western New York State.

It was very meaningful to me to receive this package from another country.
That is why I am so looking forward now to assembling my school supply
kit for Iraqi Children and also for our US soldiers to meet those who
they are fighting for. May they have peace-both the children and our soldiers.


Sincerely,

Scott, RN

Check it out at

http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/

XtnYoda Shalomed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page