Wednesday, March 10, 2010



We laid to rest another Marine this past Saturday... a Vietnam vet...

We went to high school together, Marine Boot Camp together, then lived together for a brief time before getting out, then around 8 months after getting out... helping keep each other alive in those post Nam days...

It was ultimately the agent orange that got him. He leaves behind an awesome wife and four sterling children/young adults.

I pray he also leaves behind a grateful nation.

He was valiant... in the muck of it for 13 months... decorated in battle... I'll write more later. I officiated at Danny's service... it was an honor.

The video is shared as an opening tribute. If you've never served you might have some difficulty understanding how the cadence call is inspirational to Marines... but... that's OK... it is.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Following are the words of the cadence.

My mama can't you see!
What this Corps has done for me!
Put me in a barber chair;
Snip snap and I had no hair!
And if I die in a combat zone;
Box me up and ship me home!
Put me in a set of dress blues,
comb my hair and shine my shoes!
Pin my medals upon my chest!
Tell my mama I did my best!
My mama don't you cry;
Marine Corps motto is do or die!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Prime said...

God love him Chuck.

For God and his fellow Marines and his family are the only ones who truly understand.

May he walk proudly into the shining glory of heaven and the presence of the Lord, for he has earned his presence there.

And when he arrived, his only qualification aside from a life well lived and family and friends, was the eagle globe and anchor that was permanently emblazoned upon his soul when he became a Marine.

Semper Fi Marines.

Anten-hut!

A fellow Marine has answered the final roll call and entered into glory and the presence of God.

At ease and stand easy Marine, the rest of us will be along in a little while.

7:44 PM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Thanks Lo and Rick.

Semper Fi!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't give a Semper Fi 'cause I was a grunt-68 to 69 but I shared the muck and have lost a brother, too.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page